Nov 05 2008

Moodle Themes Development, with Julian Ridden

Published by under Moodle and tagged:

notes from the Moodle Moot 08 e-Learning Conference…

After the Keynote from Professor Erica McWilliam, I went along to the Moodle theme workshop, presented again, by Julian Ridden - St Ignatius College.

This session was a very in depth look at some different ways to set your Moodle themes up, some schools allow their students to choose their own theme, which judging by the feedback from the learners I heard later in the day, was a very engaging and popular option.

There were a ton of tips and tricks discussed by Julian and I took loads of notes. Luckliy I don’t have to retype them because Julian has provided his presenation here. (sorry, it’s on YouTube, you’ll need to watch this outside the DET network!)

I did find out about some great tools in this workshop;

• mamp - MAMP installs a local server environment in a matter of seconds on your Mac OS X computer
  • cssedit - CSSEdit is a fast and powerful little application for your mac, it allows you to easily design beautiful, innovative and fast-loading standards-based web sites.
  • Flock - new browser, based on Mozilla Firefox and allows you to organise your media, social networks and even blog from your browser. Watch the demo.

Also got some great ideas on how to minimise the text at the top of each course using labels (in which images are placed and linked to the actual resources). here’s an example…

Cool huh?

5 responses so far

5 Responses to “Moodle Themes Development, with Julian Ridden”

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. All the latest Moodle news | flairandsquare.com

Trackback URI | Comments RSS